• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How Loud is Eheim 1250?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gentleman

Ok, i am gonna go buy a new pump the next couple of days.... i decided to get the eheim after all... i actually was trying to get the Mag3 but those suckers are $10 more here in Canada than the Eheim 1250. Anyways, does anyone know how loud the Eheim 1250. How is it compared to the Hydor L20 (my old dead pump)?

The 1250 will be louder than your L20 because the L20 is similar to the 1048 and the 1250 is louder than that if you get my logic.

But sit it on a pad and it deadens the noise alot and inside a case inaudiable unless you get very close.

Yeah, it's probably one of those things that you could hear if you wanted to, but once you stop trying it disappears. Nothing to worry about noise-wise. :)

Eheim 1048: Silent. Seriously- can't hear mine running even when everything else in the room is off. And it is a couple of years old.

Eheim 1250: quiet although it does vibrate somewhat. As mentioned, place it on a rubber mat or use some type of anti-vibration mounting and you should be fine.
I have 3 of them running, all on some type of matting and again, when everything else in the room is off but the 3 1250's I can barely hear them.
They range in age from about a year down to 6 months or so.

Good pumps.

Eheim pumps are :thup: on quiteness. Yea just use sponge or something soft (perhaps even bubble wrap) to reduce the vibration like everyone mentioned. When you turn your comp on the fans will probably be louder than your pump so you wont hear a thing...

My L30 used to be quite with very little vibration but... due to the faulty impeller assembly.. it was being loud. Currently my Mag3 is quite.. Cant hear it over my PSU fan..

Back