• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

strange problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drak55

ok my 400gph took a crap. I'm running a little 90gph at the moment. anyhow I went out and got the new inner parts for the 400 tested it with 2 hoses and a bucket of water ran fine nice and quiet. took out the 90 put the 400 in and it makes a rattle noise. took it back out tested it with the bucket of water and quiet as can be. why is it that when I install it in the system it makes noise? I am running 3 WB a res and a HC.

must pumps do that when first installed because an air bubble or something gets caught inside the pump. usually just switching your pump on and off a few times or shaking it a bit will get it started again. when u have it submeraged with little pressure on the outlet, air bubbles aren't much of a problem.

I was thinking it was because of the restiction that it was making the noise but it ran quiet befor. I did turn it on and off a few time and shook it with no results.

what type of pump is this.. i didn't notice that anywhere..

if it's the kind where the nose piece or "front" of it house the "bearing" or cup portion that holds one end of the shaft ..
if this was not replaced then it's possible that the new shaft is spinning in a worn socket and causing vibration maybey?

its a flowtec 400. its no a bearing it a little rubber peice that the shaft pops into and thats all new also. it only makes the noice when I set it up in my computer not when I hook up a lines to it and stick the lines in a bucket.

Hmmm thats odd. Try assemblying just one block outside of the PC and see if samething happens. If so, its probably cavitation... If not then restriction but I don't know why backpressure would cause the pump to rattle like that...

Could you describe the rattling noise with more detail?

my mag3 was rattling after my case got tipped and a bubble got in from my t-line. i turned it off over night and the next morning i turned it on and it was quite as can be

the pump in the pic is the one I'm talking about. what do you guys think of the flow direction. if you think I can make it better by running the setup different plese let me know.

flowDirection.JPG

now its like this.

res
pump
core
maze3
z-chip
vid card
back to res.

this is what it realy looks like now. yeah I know some crazy elbows but I got rid of all that extra tubbing. thats the small pump I'm running now till I fix the 400 or get a new one.

withelbows.JPG

also i dont like the way the fittings on the vid card block are. I wish I would have gotten a different block with the fittings pointing out the back of the card.

Back