• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best "tab" mount waterblock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Barnstormer

Gonna give watercooling a try, and as I have a Abit NF7 V1.1, which has no mounting holes for a waterblock, I need a block that will mount with the socket tabs.

Best one?

Thanks
B.

I have the swiftech mcw5002. It is a well made block which is only bested by a few high-performance blocks.

The whitewater (or equivelent) with a special socket adapter is probably better at cooling (3C max) at the expense of more complicated mounting and higher cost. Do you want good watercooling or a spare-little-expense best-performance setup? Is a 2-3C temp delta worth an extra $30-$60? The answer usually depends on what you hope to gain from water-cooling.

With the good setup(5002), you don't require a great pump for good performance, but it doesn't hurt either. A great setup requires a high pressure pump for the high flow rate needed to take full advantage of the better waterblock; those are more expensive and/or larger.

Just be sure to use the largest heatercore that you can cram into your case. It'ill be a big benefit no matter which block you choose.

Last edited:
Back