• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What are you using for Coolant/Additive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Magick

Been overclocking for several years but just built my first W/C system. I am using Hyper-lube Super Coolant that I picked up at
Checker Auto Store. I can't tell how well it is working as it is the only thing I have tried. However, it seems to create a small amount of suds or very fine bubbles (no actual air in the line). I know this has been asked before... but I have not read any definitive answer to the question... "What is the best additive to use?"

I am using the Swiftech 5000-P WB, Swiftech MCP600, Swiftech MCR80 radiator with 2 fans (pulling and pushing) and a reservoir.

Was also wondering if there would be that much difference in temps using a 120mm radiator with one fan vs the 80mm with 2 fans?

I have been a member here since 2000 but have lost my password and when I tried to get it emailed to me it wasn't sent so I had to re-register under a different name.:(

If you are using Swifty blocks just make sure your coolant has corrosion inhibitor... thats the most important thing.

I've had experience with Zerex and Water Wetter and they both stain tubing... So I went off and bough a regular anti-freeze with anti-corrosion stuff. It really doesnt matter what brand its from...

Seems like most people here prefer DexCool tho...

As for the fans.. Im guessing you are using 2 80mm to pull? I guess the total CFM would matter in that case... But Id prefer a quite 120mm

I use the Zerex "super protectant" NOT antifreez.. it's an additive that does watter wetter's job and is clear.. and has NOT stained my tubing :D

I am using Motormaster heavy duty anti-freeze (mostly cause it is red) and I beleive it is dexcool compliant. I thought it would give me a nice red color in my tubes but instead it looks like grapefruit juice. Oh well time to get some UV dye. I think most people on here now are using some form of anti-freeze.

Old Zerex stains tubing, new "Water pump lubricant" does not (no odor either). I use it in a 25% solution.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I am under the impression that there is no "best" solution or suggestion. Maybe the new poll will cast some light on the subject.

I added a small amount of antifreeze to my "Super Coolant" and the suds went away. I am going to try this solution for a bit and see how it functions. I also am going to add a 120mm rad to my loop (keeping the 80mm) which will give me 2 rads and I think it will be an awesome setup. I will keep you informed as I test it out.

Can someone tell me who to contact to get my old handle back? The system refuses to email me the password ....Thanks

I have a chevette heater core, a TC-4, and mag3. Do I NEED to add anything? Freezing temperature isn't a concern here in Texas. I added water wetter on my old setup but wasn't happy with the staining. This time around, I'm thinking of not adding anything. Pure distilled water ain't bad :)

I forgot the name but my coolant was green and it looks co0l especially w/ my bay reservoir ;D i'll let u teh name once i get home and check.

Back