• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a7n8x problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fubar107

Registered
whenever I change my graphics aperture to anything other than 64 my system hangs on the post screen, I was wondering does anyone else have this problem?

I have a radeon 9700 pro with 128 of ram, I just wanted to match the aperture size with the card memory.

Actually, its recommended that the aperature size be set to HALF of the video card memory ram...

To tell you the god honest truth, i read that on the rojakpot BIOS Optimization Guide and the reasoning was a good one - I just can't remember what it was.

Unfortunately, they seemed to have blocked off public access to this great resource... I will try to link an older revision if possible.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. Here it is...

http://www.adriansrojakpot.com/Speed_Demonz/BIOS_Guide/BIOS_Guide_02c.htm

thanks for the link , good information, but I still wonder why it hangs, I'm not gonna worry about it though.
Thanks

Apparently Athlon chips have some sort of agp hanging issue.
I was able to fix mine with this registry tweak:

-Open your registry and find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management.

-Create a new DWORD value called "LargePageMinimum" and set it to equal "0xffffffff" (or 4294967295 in decimal).

-Restart Windows for the change to take effect.

For the longest time I thought it was because my vcore was too low. Thank god I didn't fry anything in the process.

Last edited:
no luck, I did the registry thing rebooted, rebooted again, changed the aperture and it wouldn't go past the first string of the post, its not really that big of a deal. thanks for the help though.

Back