• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new pump arrived...... and it's really big (picture inside)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

felinusz

Senior Overclocking Magus
It finally got here :) (and I got nicked for an absolute fortune on brokerage and duty fees! :() !

It's a bit bigger than my measurements, and my mock-up anticipated, but oh boy, am I ever excited!

To show scale I threw a couple waterblocks, and a ruler in front :).

I can't wait to get this new circuit upgrade stuck together, just a few more holes to cut...

Sorry for the pointless thread, but I'm (understandably? ;)), really, really, excited (as I've been cutting a case up to fit all this stuff, building up anticipation for the last two weeks, and have been drawing and planning for the past month or so) !

Ahhhhh I can hardly wait any longer!

Attachments

• velocity t1.jpg
    velocity t1.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 530
A velocity T1! That's a heavy duty aquarium pump - lol.

FYI folks that bad boy pumps 540gph......@ 3 FEET! (it's a high pressure pump, it actually delivers 120gph @ 24 FEET)

(and the T in T1 stands for Titanium - it's designed to be corrosion free in sal****er)

Full Details - http://www.customsealife.com/waterpumps.htm

It uses 3/4" male "NPT" fittings, which is a pain because my 3/4" ID tubing won't fit over them, and I need to order special barbed adaptors before I can use it in circuit :(.

I forgot to order the barbed adaptors the first time around... just means more waiting. :mad:

It also takes 98W of power to run, which means it isn't "ideal" for watercooling, given the potential for a large amount of "pollution" heat being added to the water. I have high hopes however, and we shall see how it performs for me.

felinusz said:

It also takes 98W of power to run, which means it isn't "ideal" for watercooling, given the potential for a large amount of "pollution" heat being added to the water. I have high hopes however, and we shall see how it performs for me.

Man... seeing that makes me wonder if I want a Iwaki MD-20rlzt or one of those!

Heat of the pump can easily be overcome with a 2-342 heater cores :)

It also takes 98W of power to run, which means it isn't "ideal" for watercooling, given the potential for a large amount of "pollution" heat being added to the water.
I don't think that will be a problem, being designed for aquarium use where dumping heat into a system is a no-no I think you'll find that it doesn't add all that much. The motor is sealed off from the impeller & it's the motor that will disapate most of the heat. It will add some, but not more than a normal WC setup can handle.

(I'd be more worried about blowing the hoses off the barbs - lol)

Madness i tell u! Maaaaadness!:eek:

But cool though, thats the kinda pump ud use fora centralized cooling loop, ya know watercool about 5 rigs with one pump.

Man... seeing that makes me wonder if I want a Iwaki MD-20rlzt or one of those!

Heat of the pump can easily be overcome with a 2-342 heater cores

I'm hoping three BIX radiators will do the trick ;)

I don't think that will be a problem, being designed for aquarium use where dumping heat into a system is a no-no I think you'll find that it doesn't add all that much. The motor is sealed off from the impeller & it's the motor that will disapate most of the heat. It will add some, but not more than a normal WC setup can handle.

(I'd be more worried about blowing the hoses off the barbs - lol)

I'm hoping this turns out to be the case - it's a dead sexy looking pump, and the specs are dreamlike (and it was cheaper than an Iwaki too). It's also Titanium :).

If I can get a used Mag 3 to compare with, I will test it's heat polloution output.

I hope the pressure isn't too much for my system - lotsa hose clamps will be used ;) ;)

If I can get a used Mag 3 to compare with, I will test it's heat polloution output
I'd say that the Mag3 will put more heat into the water. Remember the water in this type of pump actually flows inside the motor (between the impeller mag & the "motor"). This transfers heat. The T1 doesn't operate this way, the motor is isolated from the impeller, most of the might end aquarium pumps work the same way.

Can you tell us more about the circuit? Just wondering why you need such incredible pressure. 12' water bong perhaps??? :D

if i was him i would run everything parell with sepret rads for each componet lol u have enought power you could drain a pool with that in like 2 mins

Bailey said:

I don't think that will be a problem, being designed for aquarium use where dumping heat into a system is a no-no

What!?!?!?! Most aquariums have heaters anyway, so any heat added by the pump, just means less time the heater is on.

anvil82 said:

What!?!?!?! Most aquariums have heaters anyway, so any heat added by the pump, just means less time the heater is on.

Heaters are only used with tropical fish, freshwater fish don't need heat, goldfish for example can survive as long as the water doesn't freeze.

Hurry up and get that thing pumping so we can see how it does :)

After considering the pros and cons of the water pumps...

I think...

ummmm

hmmmmmm

I think I want to get a pump like yours! The MD-20RLZT is slightly more expensive and not nearly as powerful... and the T1 uses slightly less that twice the power of the MD20RLZT

This might be a stupid question, but what is the head of a normal system?

(normal = T line, all internal to the case, 1 rad, 1 block, 1 pump)

Back