• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

board for athlon 64 3000...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rush69

I planing to get athlon 64 3000 in next couple weeks and need to choose a board for it.
This is what available to me:

ABIT KV8-MAX3 (VIA K8T800)
MSI K8T Neo-FIS2R (VIA K8T800)
ASUS K8V Deluxe (VIA K8T800)
Gigabyte GA-K8N (nForce3 150)

i listed them in price order top is most expensive and buttom cheapest...

Asus one looks good since i've always used asus. Now i hear new abit boards oc better... would this be the case for athlon 64 too?

and i belive toms hardware said via k8t800 is faster then nforce3... so...

please post ....

tx.

The Asus K8V has been a very popular 754 board thus far. Recently, the Abit KV8-MAX has recieved some very favorable reviews. Many say it's the most feature rich 754 board currently on the market. Another board you might want to look at is the Shuttle AN50R. While this board isn't one of the more popular boards around, it's still a very good choice.

As for K8T800 vs nForoce3 150, it has been shown that both perform very similarly, with the K8T800 just edging it out. However, nVidia is currently readying its nForce3 250, which will utilize a faster Hypertransport Link, which should increase speed.

I don't personally have any of these boards, but from reviews it appears that the Abit board has the most flexible options for overclocking, depends on how much oc you would plan on doing.

Out of those boards I would take the Asus... I have a Shuttle AN50R with a 3000+ at 2450mhz...

there is also a sis chipset that is alot like thre nforce 3 with agp and pci locks ecs has a board with that chipset,i hope other companys jump on the bandwagon!!!.board went for $93.00 at monarch computers.

Anyone know anything about the Soltek boards for the A64? From the looks of it they are doing really well with XP's. Maybe they will be the same for A64s....?

Back