• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bigger pump same temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

davekusa

well I had a few extra hours and decided to play with my watercool/peltier setup.

MCW5000-PT
via aqua 1300

I swapped in a via aqua 3600 and my temps didn't change.
I also swapped around the placement of the radiator.

What do you think?

P4 2.6 400 at 3.1mhz 1.6v
8C idle 20C loaded

I think you've got a block that isn't very sensitive to the change in flow, and some damned good temps. Try un-swapping your radiator.

The MCW5000 is well documented to be rather insensitive to changes in flow rate above 4LPM, and the via 1300 would've already been giving you that. What small gain you got from the better flow rates would've been matched by the warmer water due to extra pump heat.

hehe............the infamous "last 10%." It's funny how often we achieve it (based on the limits of our technology and equipment), and don't know it. After countless hours/days/months of trying, we conceed that we're already there, and then somebody changes the technology on us, and we start all over again.

Welcome to the treadmill.

Back