• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Draining

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sm007j

Hey y'all,

I just set up watercooling on my system and it's been working fine for about a week. My question might sound stupid, but what is the best way to drain a system that uses a reservoir? Not that I will need to drain it anytime soon, I just want to know in case I change my setup around or switch components sometime in the future.

I use a bottle that i have that has a long 1/4" nossle on it.. I can squeeze the bottle, submerse the nosle, and come out with soem fluid. Do this untill i cant get anymore out, and then just take a connection apart where theres no fluid.

Its really up to you.

I used to hold a bucket or a container or something under the waterblock, and then just take off the hose...that method can be a pain though.

This time around I hooked up a second T-line on the bottom off my setup so that I can just drain from there.

Back