• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Danger Den Heater Core or D-Tek Pro?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
They're both essentially the same - Chevette heatercores. The difference is that DTek modifies theirs to have 1/2" barbs. These barbs fit 1/2" tubing, of course, but their actual inner diameter is only 3/8". So...DTek's is a little more convenient, but stretching 1/2" ID hose over the Danger Den's core will be less flow restrictive.

johan851 said:
They're both essentially the same - Chevette heatercores. The difference is that DTek modifies theirs to have 1/2" barbs. These barbs fit 1/2" tubing, of course, but their actual inner diameter is only 3/8".

Absolutely true.

johan851 said:
So...DTek's is a little more convenient, but stretching 1/2" ID hose over the Danger Den's core will be less flow restrictive.

Done the same way I demonstrated for you with the 2-342.

So what would preform better?
Two Danger Den/D-Tek Pro radiotors or one 2-342 radiator? Which setup would have more flow resistance? For the setup with the greater flow resistance, what would be the minimum Eheim pump that would work?
(sorry, I know I ask too many questions). :)

johan851 said:
They're both essentially the same - Chevette heatercores. The difference is that DTek modifies theirs to have 1/2" barbs. These barbs fit 1/2" tubing, of course, but their actual inner diameter is only 3/8". So...DTek's is a little more convenient, but stretching 1/2" ID hose over the Danger Den's core will be less flow restrictive.

dtek appear to offer either 1/2" or 3/8" barbs...do you mean hat these are both O/D rather than I/D?

as do dangerden...

Back