• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aquarius III? WTF?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Don't be knockin the Aquarius III brother.

I'm a Thermaltake man, and I know that nothing beats small ID tubing, and aluminum waterblocks. Thermaltake has kept the tradition strong in this regards; they have incorporated the same advanced technology into the Aquarius Three as they did into it's legendary predesessors. All I see is 100% pure Aluminum, and thin white tubes - I'm loving it already, and I haven't even ordered mine yet.

Flashing lights, lots of bright colours, and your choice of a Blue or Silver external box makes this the most feature rich Thermaltake kit I've seen yet. I can't wait to see it perform - if you think it looks good now, it'll be looking even better after a few solid reviews come through.

Great value for your money too, I count three backlit LCD displays, and even a little chromed knob that turns (see the below picture).

FrontView.jpg

And the external boxes can even be stacked easily! You can buy three of these sweet little units and actually stack them on top of each other!!

Aquarius Three Features

Foot stand stackable design - let External Liquid Cooling System stack up easily

I'd like to see your 'homebrew' water system do that.

Thermaltake has gone the extra mile this time around, installing a revoloutionary new feature, making the kit easier than ever before for the home PC user to install!

Aquarius Three Features

Thumb screws design, let fill water easily

Thermaltake has done it again.

Last edited:
felinusz said:

I'm a Thermaltake man, and I know that nothing beats small ID tubing, and aluminum waterblocks. Thermaltake has kept the tradition strong in this regards; they have incorporated the same advanced technology into the Aquarius Three as they did into it's legendary predesessors. All I see is 100% pure Aluminum, and thin white tubes - I'm loving it already, and I haven't even ordered mine yet.

Flashing lights, lots of bright colours, and your choice of a Blue or Silver external box makes this the most feature rich Thermaltake kit I've seen yet. I can't wait to see it perform - if you think it looks good now, it'll be looking even better after a few solid reviews come through.

Great value for your money too, I count three backlit LCD displays, and even a little chromed knob that turns (see the below picture).

FrontView.jpg

And the external boxes can even be stacked easily! You can buy three of these sweet little units and actually stack them on top of each other!!

Thermaltake has gone the extra mile this time around, installing a revoloutionary new feature, making the kit easier than ever before for the home PC user to install!

and its $5 off atm...... ;)

does claim to be a copper block (cunningly disguised as aluminium... or maybe its a copper block with unanodised aluminium top....) and the rad is copper too....

I'm thinking of applying for a job as a new product reviewer for HardOCP.com. :D

Maybe it is copper, but still no better than a pillow on your CPU ;)(Has Tt thought of corrosion? I doubt the external box is anodised).

LOL felinusz
in the middle of that i was like WTF..
by the end i knew you were just pulling my tubing

It says aluminum block, copper radiator i believe, they haven't changed from their previous radiator, except now they call it "Surface material" *smacks forehead into keyboard* hjn ub njhbn jhb
ahh.. relief.

felinusz said:

FrontView.jpg

LOL, thats well funny wicked review.

With $300 you could the most kick-*** external waterbox on earth
But then again you pay for the name. I love my XaserII case and PSU but i will not pay $300 for a waterbox :D

Ah Hahaha! My SP-97 would spank that WC setup since a Volcano 12 was a better cooler than the Aquarius. The SP would be more quiet too. Lmao! They at least could of put a 120mm fan radiator in that huge box. It is half empty. I feel sorry for people who buy that.

felinusz said:

FrontView.jpg

Muhahahah! I love it!

The block is Aluminum? I was looking at it thinking, that they're not slow enough to put an aluminum block in the kit, so it must be silver....

Also, was there ever an Aquarius I ?

Last edited:
Im thinking of getting one of these, my reasons being are:

Looks good, would look great on top of my case.
I dont have any room leaft in my case for internal setup.
Quiet, read that at its lowest fan rpm the performance is only ~1c hotter.

Never had water cooling before and do need to drop my cpu load temp which right now is at 1.675v @ 3.21ghz is getting me 65c-70c. I use a spark 7 heatsink but in no way in hell can I stand the loud noise of ANY fan, so the fan is on a low setting.

Could this water cooler setup be the one.

I saw a review somewhere and it didnt look that great. Was marginal when compared to some of the high end heatsinks currently on the market. Let me dig around and see if i can find the link.

kraigc said:
I saw a review somewhere and it didnt look that great. Was marginal when compared to some of the high end heatsinks currently on the market. Let me dig around and see if i can find the link.

Yeah I saw that too, in one review I read they had a 800u heatsink with a thermaltake smart fan II at full rpm, was about 2c cooler.
That would be far to loud for me, I have one of these fans and the noise levels are unbearable, even on low rpm they make a clicking type noise, must because they have a 2 ball bearing fan or something. I remove it from my from my spark 7 heatsink and now use a standard 80mm case case I adapted to it. Much better noise levels now.

How much more over clock would I get on my 2.4b? or would it already be maxed out at what voltage and cooling I have now?
Main interest is the low noise levels, ease of use, out side of case design. As you see here that increasing the fan speed of the unit doesnt benifit it in any way, so it possible to use it at lowest rpm, the fan inside appears NOT to be a thermaltake smart fan II, so this should be good, hopefully the pump is almost silent?. Also one day in the near future(0.5-1 year from now I could modifiy it to have one slick water external cooling setup.
Heres another review of temps:
http://www.tweaktown.com/document.php?dType=review&dId=592&dPage=5

Last edited:
For the price of the Aquarius 3 you could build yourself a custom external watercooling circuit, with far superior components, and get better results, still having your silence.

This kit is simply overpriced, and poorly designed. It looks flashy and all, but if you put effort into making your own box, the feeling you'll get everytime you look at it will be well worth the effort, and better than having blinking lights.

Another alternative, for much cheaper, might be a Thermalright heatsink, with a silent Panaflo fan. I'll bet you will get lower your temperatures, and an end to the loud-fan headache (I hate loud fans as well, I don't know how some people can stand them ;)).

felinusz said:
For the price of the Aquarius 3 you could build yourself a custom external watercooling circuit, with far superior components, and get better results, still having your silence.

Exactly, and that's why we are all making fun of it. The fan on the radiator inside that box is just like a Smart Fan 2 btw.

Back