• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hydor L30

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gentleman

What do you guys think of this pump? Whats the noise level compared to the Eheim 1250? How is the performance compared to the Eheim 1250. From a price standpoint right now, the Hydor L30 is $20CDN cheaper than the Eheim 1250. Any input would be great help.

Basicly

1. Performance is nearly identiacal

2. Hydor is louder but not by a huge amount

3. Eheim has a better reputation and are better quality so possibly more reliable

4. Hydor are physicly smaller (about half the size)

5. and of course Hydor is cheaper.

I just got the Hydor L30, but haven't set it up or run it yet so I can't tell you how loud it is. I bought it because it has the 1/2" barbs which is what my WB and HC have. It also has the power I wanted.

i've got an L30, zero complaints

i can't say if it's louder than the 1250, i've never owned a 1250, but what i have done is hung my pump in mid air to eliminate vibration. (hung it off the rad, NOT off the cpu block or any other wb)
my comp is literally dead silent this way

EDIT: i think this is what the poster above was referring to:
The L30 does make a humming noise that is louder than the L20 or Eheim 1048 but not too obtrusive.
that's from the article linked above. the 1250 is not as quiet as the 1048 (so i think the above poster may have misspoke)

I ran a L30 for a while. It got the temps to low 90's.
I just got an upgrade to a danner 700:D

Back