• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pump upgrade...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iNSiGMA

Hey people I got a simple question..

I am currently runing a Maxijet 1000 Pump. The thing is lould and my attempts to quiet it down didn't really work that much so I need a new pump if I want to hear my music and not the computer.

Now in that event my ideal was to go Hydor since they are good pumps that don't cost an arm & leg to buy. There is the L20 and the L30... which one to get and why? I'd like to get the L20 because I can get it from Dangerden for $35 which is reasonable.

My maxijet 1000 reads on the side of it that it pushes 291GPH, 20Watts from 120v~60Hz... OK thats a mighty high flow rate for a small pump like this but then again it pushes out 20watts of power :-/

So I am always in the mid-30's with this setup. I want to add this extra Rad I have to my setup again to see what it can do for me. But never the less I need atleast equivilant performance from any new pump I get, I don't want to downgrade by getting a Hydor. But we already know that it's impossible for this pump to actually be doing the 291GPH it's rated at. Below is a picture of my setup, it can give you an ideal of what the pump has to do.

Looking for some solid reccomendatins with explanations on why you think I should get it. I am also willing to get other brands too provided they don't cost me too much.
IM001422.JPG

I've got an L30 (Hydor) with an RBX, Maze 4 GPU, same HC and a big res... the thing pumps VERY nicely, I think it dumps 23watts away but It doesn't seem to show...

I've seen alot of people say Eheim is the best but so far Hydor has be very good to me. It isn't dead silent but I can stand it very easily... drowned out by 30dbA fans...

20 watts is insignificiant to your cooling system, possibly not even noticible with motherboard sensor. To top it off, not all of the 20watts is transfered into your system. if u plan on adding another heatercore, you might actually notice higher cpu temps (more resistence = less flow). I would recommened getting a Mag3 because it has 10ft of head which would be more then enough for two radiators. Although its 35watt, again, its insignificiant to the what the water flow (results of the extra head) would do.

Mine's perfectly quiet, once I get the air bled out of it and everything. Can't hear it over my low speed Panaflos...so you should be alright. The Hydor L30 would be another good option.

iNSiGMA said:
These Mag pumps are quiet right?
from what i've heard, they are comparible to ehiem in acoustics. It does vibrate a bit though, but that can be easily resloved with some rubber foam (mousepad) or acoustic padding (Asaka pads).

thats the best deal i've found. i'm currently bidding on one on ebay, if you're luckly u can get one off ebay for like 5-10bucks cheaper. If i lose the bid, i just might buy it from marinedepot afterall.

Back