• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling setup question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tigers131

Registered
Hello all,

I am currently trying to setup my first watercooling system. I an using aan 86 chevette HC, Dtek white water block, Danner Mag3 water pump and clearflex 60 hoses. My question is, is it bad to mount the HC in the top of the case? I will have the 120mm fan and the shround pulling air out of the top of the case. This pump should be strong enough to push water upwards correct? I can not mount it at the botton as I do not have much room and the HC hits the Mobo, so my only option is to mount it at the top. I am trying to keep everything internal. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Eeeek! That might not work because I will be using a T-line. Anyone have any ideas?

its okey to mount it on the top as long as you bleed it while its upright.
if you don't, you might have a very large air pocket in your heatercore which will minimize the maximum preformance of cooling.

Back