• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

danner mag 2!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigsoomo

just recieved my danner mag 2 (pic attached) i know its 1/2 tubing but whats the exact number ie:1/2id or 1/2od...i need to get to fit over these barbs?

Attachments

• pump 002.jpg
    pump 002.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 136
Oh oh. I think you got trouble.

Your Mag 2 has a 1/2" MNPT thread on the output, but a 3/4" barb on the input. You'll need to stretch 1/2" tubing over the barb, or use a short piece of 3/4" tubing and a 3/4"-> 1/2" reducer.

Is that a Pondmaster? Usually it’s the Pondmaster pumps that have the barb fitting on the suction end, while the Danners have a 1/2" FNPT thread. Same pump...just a different impeller housing.

1/2" ID tubing is going to have a heck of a time fitting over a 3/4" barb. It's tough enough (takes a good 5 minutes) do fit 5/8" over a 3/4" barb. I'd recommend finding a reducer and using a short peice of tubing.

edit: hey will this work?
64265p.jpg
3/4 > 1/2?...item number 64522 from here

Last edited:
One thought for ya (just did this last night myself): Carefully reem out the 3/4 input so that you can epoxy a 1/2" ID 5/8" OD plastic barb in it. That worked like a charm for me with my Mag 3 output (see attached).

IMAG0001.JPG

Last edited:
sup klink? thanks for the pic dude the outlet is fine i have an adapter for that its the dang inlet its HUGE...i just ordered those parts n well see how it works from there...thanks

o my graystar! youre a genius!! i have the paper from the box and it says i can order a danner mag 3 impeller...pretty awsome, but i already ordered all the crap dang it but thanks man

Back