• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to watercooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Urban_Squrill

Registered
Hi I just got a Koolance watercooled case(it's an older one full tower) and at the moment I have distilled water and food coloring in the tubes. I have it hooked to my CPU and my harddive. I plan on getting a packet of koolance mixture soon. And wondering if you guys had any pointers to give to a watercooling newbie?

I have it set on a WD 80gb 7200rpm. When I got it it was set up for it and I just decied to take out the second waterblock and keep the hard drive. I am temped to mount heatsinks on it and put a fan on it. My next idea is to run a few feet of tubing out into my mini fridge just about a foot or so, so that it just kinda chills it.

It has a bad radiator, a very slow and weak pump, and comes with sub-par waterblocks. You would get better results with high-end air cooling.

Back