• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Want to get my first wc setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Circaflex

Well let me start off by saying im completely n00b to watercooling, i know some basics but never set one up and would like to purchase some setup. I would really like a kit because it comes with everything i need, or be linked to one of those sites where you customize your own kit. I have a case like the one i attached, and im looking for a kit or something that can watercool my chipset, cpu, and gpu.

Attachments

• case.jpg
    case.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 163
Start reading this group, the sticky's, and have fun! Before long you'll wonder why anybody buys a watercooling kit. Trust me on this one. it's more fun to make your own kit.

Good case choice! One of the only kits I would get (and even this isn't exactly a "kit") is the one at www.DTekcustoms.com.

Just like gungeek said, check around. People ask this question a lot, and there's a lot of good information on it around here. Good luck!

Circaflex: Don't get a kit. LOL but that case is the same as mine. Here's what you have to do it's easy: Remove the lower HDD tray. Take a hammer and flat screwdriver and hit off the soft metal rivets that hold the bracket on. This will make room for the Heater Core/Radiator. (You can reattach it later if needed). Remove any purple plastic parts. Buy a 1986/7 Chevy Chevette heater core from AutoZone. Buy an Eheim 1250 pump. Buy a WhiteWater cpu waterblock. Buy one-half-inch inside diameter tubing. Buy 120mm fan or two. Check the front page for how to make your own fan shroud(s). Check pics on forum to get setup right. Attach all and test 24 hrs for leaks. Attach to PC. Run PC. Be cool and give us stats on you sys.

Jiblo - the watercooling components you just recommended are close to exactly what the DTek has, with a couple upgrade options.

By the way, you don't HAVE to mod the front of your case, although that's a good place to put stuff. You might also be able to mount the heatercore in the top of the case, or something like that.

Jibjo said:
Take a hammer and flat screwdriver and hit off the soft metal rivets that hold the bracket on.

Drilling the rivits out may be easier than using a screwdriver as a chisel; less chance for permanent damage also. The drive cage can be pop-rivited back later, if needed.

circaflex,

I just finished setting up my first w/c rig and was dead set on a kit untill I started reading posts and looking at pictures of other rigs. I decided to build my own and now I am glad I didn't go with the kit...I baught my parts seperate and saved about $70.00 or so.

This is what I ended up with:

86 Chevy Chevette heater core
White Water water block
Quiet one 1200 water pump (great pump for the money)
1/2 " ID tubing and clamps that I baught at Home Depot
2x120mm fans @ 85 cfm push/pull with home made plexie glass shrouds
90% distilled water...10% anti-freeze

I don't have the gpu and chipset water cooled because I am not overclocking very much.

If you do go with a kit the D-Tek as mentioned above is the best one I found...You will have to add your gpu and chipset block to it which will put you around $300.00 or so.

Back