• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats a good waterblock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Urban_Squrill

Registered
I am thinking that my koolance waterblock is the bottle neck in my system beacause the hosing reservoir and radiator all do not feel warm to the touch. So I think that the waterblock is the bottle neck. Am I right? Whats a good waterblock?

umm, more system details would be good; I'd assume that ATM you have a Koolance system. All Koolance stuff is 1/4" ID so the only other things you could buy would be Innovatek stuff; their waterblocks a pretty nice but they also cost a pretty penny.

Your koolance exos has a slow flow of water. Most waterblocks outside of exos are meant to be used in a high/fast flowrate setup.

Slow flow of water... Sounds like the job for a MAZE 4! I'm guessing you could probably switch the 3/8" barbs out for 1/4" ones...

honestly Urban; if you want better performance you need totally new WC'ing stuff; RBX, 1/2" ID tubing, BIX or Heatercore for a rad and a Danner Mag, Hydor or Eheim pump...

but that'll run pretty high on the price chart...

Back