• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

killed my flow........

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sandman001

Just Freeze It
Well, I added a Maze4 gpu, and my CPU temps went up by about 7C. The only thing I can think of is the flow was reduced alot.

So, I was thinking I could pick up another cheap pump, and put a Y on the inlet and outlet of the rad. I could then have two seperate loops using one radiator.

Or, I could pick up another rad and pump and go with two loops, but this would cost more, and I'm not exactly dripping with cash.

Thats what I did for my setup and it got me better temps. My gpu gets better temps to since it's not getting warmed up water. I run mine like

pump->rad->Y->cpu->res->pump
Y->NB->GPU->res->pump

I'm using a hydor L30 pump too. If you got a decent pump, I would bother getting another one or running dual pumps. Just a waste of money.

I dont use a y since my rad has dual outlets, just stated that to not confuse you with your setup. The maze4 gpu is restrictive, so in parallel most of your flow and pressure will go to the cpu and not hinder it like it would with everything being in series. Your still adding heat to the loop with the gpu so your not going to get better temps like someone cooling just a cpu. Going parallel does help alot in my experience.

Last edited:
Alright, thanks.

I could try that too i geuss. My pump is a via aqua 1300, so it's a decently powerful pump.

But, I could pick up another one for like $15......

Back