• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-J-

Registered
ok, after lots of setbacks, i finally completed my setup.

a nice touch, its that the complete system can be removed without draining the WC.

im using a Shurflo Piranha 500 pump (500 gph), that runs on 12v DC. the heatcore its from an opel corsa. the block its a nice rotor block, with 4.5mm wide 10mm deep holes, with 3/4" hoses. the tank its made with 1cm thick acrylic and it has a 2 liter capacity. the hole system sucks 3 liters of distilled water. i used a radiator aditive called "bardhal" (similar to water wetter and such stuff).

im using 2 Panaflo 12cm H1A fans in a pull push setup, but i havent finished the shroud yet.

here some pics during the leak test.

Attachments

• dcp_1479a.jpg
    dcp_1479a.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 527
aww... that looks sweet dude..
did a great job cutting the case too, i would have mutilated it with my dremel skillz.
only con i have is this : all that cooling power for just one block :( you could cool your NB, GPU with that and not even have to get stronger fan for your radiator!

some performance numbers.

the procesor its a 1700+ 1.5v
i screwed an L3 blowing mod, so the multiplier is stuck on 17x :(

anyway, the vcore was 1.85 (for some reason the motherboard reports always 1.55v) and the room temp was 28 ºC.

Load%20jpg

very nice overclock dude
the cpu temp is kind of high though, for your setup atleast..
i think something is wrong...

smirabi, only in the pic i posted it was sucking air, then i completely filled the tank and stopped sucking air (there wasnt any air to suck).

korndog, i used UV tint, that might have decreased severely the performance of the water.

ill try using only distilled water.

now its on top of my case, but im trying to make something like this to avoid having 3 litres of water over mas computer.

Attachments

• 4a.jpg
    4a.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 167
your temperature measurements are remarkably close to what they really are suppose to be (at those kind of speeds...), considering that it's being measured with MBM5 and the on-die diode.... well done indeed! :)

thx, how do you calculate the supposed temps?

PS: the distance between the base of the block and the holes inside is 2mm (is that called baseplate?) is that ok or to big?

the holes are 5mm wide, soon i will be upgrading to a new block with 2.5mm wide holes (lots of them) :)

i think its because you high room temp (28c). Also if you can check to makre sure the block seat right.

Nice setup you got there,

2mm for die base thickness is perfect.... remember that the base of each hole is not flat, it's cone shaped, from the drill-bits shape.... so your average base thickness for the block is a tad more than that.

5mm holes is close to optimal.... smaller holes (and more of them) theoretically should give you better performance, as the copper/water mix is a lot finer, but then you approach the point where is becomes very difficult do retain the pin shape, which is a lot more important. I will suggest no smaller than 4.5 mm and then using a dremmel cutoff disk that leaves about a 1.2mm channel.... that way your pins will come out really nice and the channels are such that the block still give good flow.....

Back