• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cheap gpu block?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Korndog

After spending some big bucks on making my computer quiet (25 bucks.. Okey okey, i'm cheap!!), i discovered that my gpu fan (prolink 5200 fx) was very very noisy. I never realized it while i had about 35+dba from my system, but now that i'm at 27, its very noticable :-/.
Anyways, i remember seeing a gemini graphic card waterblock at case-mod.com for like 20 bucks and regret not buying it right then and there, and now its gone :( . anyone know where i could get a cheap block, i don't care how good it is as long as it cools (5200 doesn't even deserve a passive heatsink) and fits on my card. Also i plan on upgrading to a 9600xt or 9700pro soon.. do they have the same mounting hole positions?

thanks guys! :)

Soja said:
YGPM Korndog.

huh? what??

that swiftech is a great deal.. very tempting..
although i have to get adapters from 3/8" to 1/4", its pretty nice.
i was thinking maybe i could skip the Y on my nemesis block and have one outlet going to my NB, and the second going to the swiftech block so there is less resistance, and then reconnnecting them again. what do u guys think?

The old swiftech mcw40 gpu block (1/4" ID :eek: ) that's on clearance would probably work for the 5200. Here's more info:http://www.swiftnets.com/products/mcw40.asp
You might have to epoxy it on somehow. Dunno about the bolt patterns. However, it wouldn't be enough for the 9700 pro if you're seriously considering one; good card BTW.

Have fun playing:D

Back