• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what is the dimension of a quiet one 1200 pump?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nerotek

Registered
i was thinking of ordering one and want to check if the pump will fit my cause... thx in advance :)

i've got mine running inline. without brass barbs, but with it's plastic in and outlets, it measures 4" long, 2.75 wide, 3.25 tall. works great so far, although i overtightened the intake barb and cracked the plastic, but superglue fixed that.

the pump is not silent for sure, but i don't have any other pumps to compare it to. I imagine noise is about the same as a mag 3. it produces a low hum/vibration, which is significantly reduced by placing it on foam. without the foam, i can feel the vibrations through my desk which the computer is on. i've heard of some people having noise problems which were caused by an air bubble trapped in the pump, but it can be knocked out.

i have a cpu and gpu block and a chevette heatercore. the cpu block is very restictive due to poor fins/ jet nozzle design. i would have rather bought a mag drive 3 due to a higher head, but i would have had to order it from the states (i'm in canada).

The dominant noise from a quiet one 1200 is low frequency vibration and hum. If the vibration gets to the case, then the case will amplify the vibrations and make some annoying noise. By suspending my pump with an elastic band, it is now quiet and isolated. The loudest thing in my system now is the PSU fan, it was pump induced noise. See this thread for more info:http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=265139

It's a good deal for $29.

I agree with gungeek, it just hums really. Like he said, as long as it's not touching the case, you can't hear it.

Back