• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System heat up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ad Rock

Weird temperature changes

I just installed a new WC setup and was getting temps that were rather high (57c load). Then over the next day they dropped to about 47c load. Then last night I turned my computer off and left it off all day with the pump off. When I booted up 4 hours ago the temps were at 20c and they gradually got to 39c load after 1 hour. 3 hours later my temp is still at 39c. Any idea what could be causing this drop in temps like this? I havnt changed anything and there was no noticable air in the line. I will update this thread tommorow as I let my comp run all night and see if I climb back to 47c load. ( I really hope not :D )

i seem to recall reading somewhere that AC pumps are bi-directional (i.e. the impeller might turn clockwise or anticlockwise when you turn it on) and that one direction is better than the other (shorter waterflow route in the pump etc. giving a better flow for the same external setup), but i could be wrong...

plus i guess a few degrees for thermal material curing .... and some suspended air bleeding out.....

could also be the temp sensor being unpredictable of course :(

pauldenton said:
i seem to recall reading somewhere that AC pumps are bi-directional (i.e. the impeller might turn clockwise or anticlockwise when you turn it on) and that one direction is better than the other (shorter waterflow route in the pump etc. giving a better flow for the same external setup), but i could be wrong...

plus i guess a few degrees for thermal material curing .... and some suspended air bleeding out.....

could also be the temp sensor being unpredictable of course :(

The impellar housing is symetrical. It shouldn't make a difference which way the impellar is spinning.

Back