• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I want REALLY blue water. NAME AN ADDITIVE PLEASE.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SemiCycle

I'm setting up my new water cooling system and BLUE is the theme of the day. I want my water to be REALLY REALLY blue, even without UV lights shining on it. I'm weary of using the highlighter trick because of the posibility of staining or crap getting stuck in my Waterblock. I also DON'T want to use food coloring after seeing a number of cascades get gummed up.

I'd like to be able to buy the additive locally.

Get some visible blue dye from dtek. Scanido uses it and this is what his water looks like.

side.jpg

zerex super protector (can be found at autozone) is clear and you could use a blue addative from a website

NiTrO bOiE said:
Get some visible blue dye from dtek. Scanido uses it and this is what his water looks like.

side.jpg

That setup still looks so beautiful *sniffle*

=ACID RAIN= said:
Blue VW antifreeze....? Isn't that it?

Yes, it's blue, but very light blue. It is good to use as the anti-freeze portion of your coolant, but you still need to mix in some blue dye with it. I have some from Voyeurmods that just arrived today and will let you know how that works. The blue dye I purchased from an ebay turned out to be a total waste of time. Blue seems to be difficult for some reason.

Back