• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok, waited long enough, here's my 1st (although modified) watercooling attempt!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Warmart

Registered
Have been watercooling for a few weeks with just a Maze4 block on my cpu, added a Maze4 to GPU two days ago, and changed coolant additive to try and get a copperish color to my liquid. Kinda hoped to match my prevailing copperish theme, lmao.

Wanted to show everyone the results.

Link to pics and system details

Thanks to everyone at the OC Forums, and also to BigSmokey's Chevette shroud find!

Also, I can hear my harddrive for the first time ever. Heh! ;)

good job on the improvment. you can see the obvious improvment between the systems.

i saw you used a blower in the air cooled computer. another user used a blower to cool the rad. ever thought about that.

was the blower loud? i was thinking of using one.

LOOKS GREAT :D :D

Neilmon2: Blowers aren't especially loud. Don't recall the db rating but really (imho) they are for pinpoint cooling and in most cases offer little benefit over standard fans. Depending on the size of your rad I dunno how well it would work. I had that nidec blower left over from my Voodoo2 days, when there wasn't much of a selection of fans on the market. Figured I'd put it to use when I discovered just how hot that little plate over video voltage regulators got. They are also a hassle to clean, as you can see in my pics this one is quite nasty with dust.

Thanks everyone for your comments. Now need a window in my case and maybe some lights :)

Back