• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need more RADs, Advice anyone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheNEWB

hookkkay, so... I have my trusty p4 3.0C cooking thease days because I added a GPU water block, the Swifty MCW50T with the Peltier on top. So my temps went from like 35C Idle to 50C idle and up to 63C load. (Abit mobo readin temp wrong as allways so roughly 10C less then that).

So what I want to do is add another 2X120 RAD. And my choices are between the Innovatek Dual Fan Radiator or the DangerDen Black Ice Xtreme II Dual 120mm Radiator.

I have an Innovatek water kit with the Rev.3 Block, 3/8 tubbing and a single Innovatek 120mm RAD.

Which one? What do you guys suggest? And no im not stuffing a Core out of a Benz or a Vette or some other Gooli into it :D

Thank you in Advance for your replies.

Kam

OHH HERE IS MY CURRENT SETUP GO TO PAGE 2 for the most recent PICS :D :cool:
IMG_0968.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0970.jpg

I ordered a second Dual 120MM Innovatek RAD. I like my crap to be all the same. So here is the trick, do i run them serial, or Parallel?

Last edited:
Lothar5150 said:
Sorry but I'm gonna say it...............Chevette Heater Core with a shroud.

I second and third that. A single chevette has the ability to dissipate more heat than most pc's produce, though there are some special cases.

He wants a larger radiator...if you were to get something like a heatercore, a Caprice core would probably be your best bet. You don't seem to want that though...

I've heard some ok things about the BIX radiators, that would probably be your second choice. Keep in mind that they're fairly flow restrictive. If possible, you'd be better off running the BIX II and your other radiator in parallel.

Last edited:
i fourth that for a core , caprice or bonnivile. i get 35c idle and 38c load , and thats dropping when usps comes with my second blower !

i added a 220w TEC to my sig rig (slitedge WB not the WW) and my water temps went thru the roof!! (75F b4 and 90F now) these TECs add ALOT of Btu. Since your TEC is on your GPU, its not a 220w (probly 80w-85w right?) so it wont be as bad. On the other hand, i only have the CPU in my main loop, so your CPU+GPU+TEC might just be close to my CPU+220w TEC.

All that said, i know I need another rad (second) for my setup, the BIX 2 (with 4x120mm 130+CFM fans) alone isnt enough for me.

i know this isnt an answer to your question, but some info about the BIX 2.

GOOD LUCK!!

When i do upgrade, i plan on adding another BIX 2 (parallel)

Last edited:
GO WITH BLOWERS! , i get a 3c rise with load , idle is 33c load is 36c and i have a caprice with 2 85 cfm blowers. Trust me blowers will kill any axial fans for there price!

i have one of thoes blowers on a sp-97, what 120mm fans did you have on your rad b4 skate? (SK8) i KNOW i could put 4 of thoes blowers on and still be quieter than 2 of these 120mm. what temp diff did you get?

the fans i had b4 where some cheap 80cfm uv green pos's from xoxide :X , blowers are where its @ !!!! i got a 2c drop in idle and a 5c drop in load

Hmmmmmm..

h.....okay, I really dont plan to use anything made for a car in this PC. Ill leave that for my dual Opteron Setup next month. For now I'm just wondering if anyone here has used either the Innovatek Dual Fan Radiator or the DangerDen Black Ice Xtreme II Dual 120mm Radiator? BIX i hear is good any word on the Innovatek kit?

Sincerely,

Kam (Maverick) (Pylon Hunter)

UUUUUHHH and oh is the Eheim 1250 much louder then the 1048?

Last edited:
Re: Hmmmmmm..

kamilkluczewski said:
h.....okay, I really dont plan to use anything made for a car in this PC. Ill leave that for my dual Opteron Setup next month. For now I'm just wondering if anyone here has used either the Innovatek Dual Fan Radiator or the DangerDen Black Ice Xtreme II Dual 120mm Radiator? BIX i hear is good any word on the Innovatek kit?

Sincerely,

Kam (Maverick) (Pylon Hunter)

UUUUUHHH and oh is the Eheim 1250 much louder then the 1048?

It seems that most ppl have had pretty good luck with the BIX II the only problem with Innovatek seems to be the small inlet and outlet.

LOL.....save a couple of bucks and go with an L-30, mine runs great.

Current Setupness

OHH HERE IS MY CURRENT SETUP

I ordered a second Dual 120MM Innovatek RAD. I like my crap to be all the same. So here is the trick, do I run the rads serial, or parallel?

And how else can I install my pump so that i can fit my SBLive back in there. That on-board Abit Sound is absolute GARBAGE! :mad:

Definitely run the rads parallel. Innovatek rads are going to be a lot more restrictive than a heatercore, so you're going to need as little resistance as possible. Running them in series would kill your flow.

Re: Current Setupness

kamilkluczewski said:

And how else can I install my pump so that i can fit my SBLive back in there. That on-board Abit Sound is absolute GARBAGE! :mad:

raise it up? so that you could use the SBlive in one of the lower PCI slots?

Nothing

Thats just a standard Innovatek rev3 block with the P4 Retention Mechanism. Works damn well and the huge copper block in the middle of it does a good job of dissapating the heat from the core to the water.

Peace,

Kam

I hope I didn't miss you explaining this above, but am I the only person that noticed his radiator is mounted flush against the bottom of the case? Is there an opening on the bottom of the case? **IF** there isn't a hole, I think a reposition would help a ton.

Back