• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1/2" to 5/8" Y connector?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

{BC}Helix

does anybody know where i can get one of these? i have 1/2 barbs on my WW but I have 5/8 tubing on my system. i've looked sevreral places but can't find anything.

it might be easier to find a 5/8 Y. the 1/2" tubing will fit over easy, and it will be more secure

edit: i thought it would be easier to find a 5/8" Y, but i can't find those either. the largest size i say at mcmastercarr and usplastics was 1/2" good luck

Last edited:
yea but it will be nearly impossible to get the tubing back off if you ever need to. I had so much trouble getting my tubing (vinyl) off of a 1/2" brass barb :p

then i think the best plan would be to buy a 1/2" Y and a 5/8">1/2" reducer

i had that in mind but that was going to be the backup plan. I wanted to make it look as clean as possible but i guess thats what i'm going to have to do. i already have reducer on the WW inlet too, o well :rolleyes:

I asked a plumbing buy about them and he said that they don't exist. So what I did was take a 5/8" elbow, cut the corner off, and gooped it to a 5/8" barb. Then I fiberglassed the joint for strength because it is not strong enough otherwise. Works great.

I use 5/8" tubing but you can just use 1/2" parts instead. Just make sure that the joint is watertight before you fiberglass it.

Back