• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ooo looky what i found - pump 'sound pads'

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Interesting. Not too expensive. Wonder how well it works.

I'd think that regular velcro would do fine (like I use), or rubber grommets, but hey, worth a shot for a noisy pump.

probably not fancy, BUT its from danner.
now i don't have to say i have a mousepad under my pump or packing foam under my pump! 'Cause i got a pump pad under my pump!... can't wait to get it.. probably says 'pump pad' on it.. heh... heheheh... er...

A material called "PORON" works very well as a vibration / noise damper. Do be careful on the google search for it as its unfortunate name is very close to something you may not want! Good luck.

KK

I put weatherstripping under the pump mount and I have no vibration what so ever, nice and quiet!

It's all about the Bicycle Inner Tubing. I use CCM (brand name quality - plus it's all my local store stocks ;)), but I'm sure any old Inner Tube will do. Get a fat mountain bike tube for the most rubber, and use a 3-5 "layer" piece for best vibration dampening performance. It also has the benefit of being realls cheap at your local Canadian Tire (or the equivelent for whatever country you happen to live in :) ;)).

Back