• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ordered a mag 3..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Korndog

hey guys, i just realized something.. remember reading something about how the mag 3 needs to have the intake flooded (no duh) with a ATLEAST a 1/2" fitting. my system is current all 3/8" ID :-/. i can manage a 1/2" inlet and 3/8" outlet but that would resort in chaning the barbs on my res/tline (siliconed sealed :-/). Is it really important to have atleast 1/2" fittings or can the system work fine with 3/8" fittings?

the inlet is whats gonna make your system horrible , the inlet of the mag 3 needs to be unrestricted , i would reccomend having a res with 5/8 tube going to pump , also your sys looks restrictive

everything is already at 3/8".. i know its restirctive, but i dont' want to change everything.
where can i get a 5/8" fitting? i can't find one on usplastics..

i used the expensive stuff :p 1/4" wall BevTube made from PVC
its not the tubing thats a problem, i got lots of tubing from my fish tank equiptment from 1/2 to 1"
i don't know where to find a 5/8" to 1/2mpt (or is it fpt?)

Well if you don't want to change any barbs, get a 3/8" to 5/8" adaptor and put that right before the pump.

um.. thats just extending the restriction
my res is actually a 1" copper/chrome pipe going up.
adding a 5/8 fitting on the res and a 5/8 fitting on the pump might lower intake resistance, the output resistance i'll have to deal with.

Back