• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

tygon tubing question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not sure which tubing on page link you were referring to, but Tygon R-3603 looks to be a good tubing for chemical resistance and flexibility to bend, but not cheap.

KK

Tygon is just a more flexible type of chemical tubing. Unless you must spend 1.60 per foot on tubing just get Clearflex 60. It is basically the same thing just .65 per foot.

here goes another dispute , clearflex is cheap and good , tygon is a lil more but i havent used it. My advice is get what you can afford and since w/c isnt going to be used for ever then go for what you feel is best not based on what other people say is best.

SK8 said:
here goes another dispute , clearflex is cheap and good , tygon is a lil more but i havent used it. My advice is get what you can afford and since w/c isnt going to be used for ever then go for what you feel is best not based on what other people say is best.

You may wish to revise your line of thinking. The reasons people give to back up their opinions should enter into your mode of thought. When a person asks the forum for its opinions, responding by telling him to do whatever he thinks is best and to ignore everyone really doesn't help anyone, and defeats the purpose of the thread to start with.

im saying that the choice of tube is biased among diffrent people b/c some love tygon and some love clearflex , im just saying experiment! Some people say tygon is better b/c they have there reasons and some say the same about clearflex. I say you cant go wrong with either , i didnt mean to diss on anyone but tube is really a opinion if you havent played with either.

50285kp1s.gif

http://www.mcmaster.com/asp/DisplCt...ion=&sesnextrep

Antistatic PVC Tubing

price really isn't the concern...been down this road enough to know spending what i must for what I need is always cheaper than doing it twice..wife says so evry time I try to do it cheaper :|

anyways this stuff is wire reinforced and has a bend radius of 2 inches...was just wondering if this was overkill?

FizzledFiend said:
50285kp1s.gif

http://www.mcmaster.com/asp/DisplCt...ion=&sesnextrep

Antistatic PVC Tubing

price really isn't the concern...been down this road enough to know spending what i must for what I need is always cheaper than doing it twice..wife says so evry time I try to do it cheaper :|

anyways this stuff is wire reinforced and has a bend radius of 2 inches...was just wondering if this was overkill?

your link doesn't work....

MAJOR overkill , ive never heard of tubular static discharge , just go with TYGON or CLEARFELX60 1/8 wall tube , or you can check out usplastics BEVA-LINE tube which i hear is insanely good b/c it doesnt stain......

SK8 said:

I almost went with Clearlfex 60 (vs. Tygon R-3603) with my set-up. I then looked up chemical compatibility of both with distilled water + glycol for each. The Tygon rated "Excellent", the Clearflex was "Fair to good". Your choice ... on a few feet of tubing at an extra $1 per foot vs. cost of your computer system?! N'uff said. Good luck with your decision.

KK

Koooler King said:

I almost went with Clearlfex 60 (vs. Tygon R-3603) with my set-up. I then looked up chemical compatibility of both with distilled water + glycol for each. The Tygon rated "Excellent", the Clearflex was "Fair to good". Your choice ... on a few feet of tubing at an extra $1 per foot vs. cost of your computer system?! N'uff said. Good luck with your decision.

KK

I don't think he said he was going to be using glycol. Anyway, what exactly does "fair to good" mean vs. "excellent"? I don't think glycol is going to eat its way through the tubes...

Back