• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oopsy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xception

:eek: I had been working on another comp and used all the connections from my W/C rig and when I hooked my rig back up I spaced out and forgot to plug my pump back in :eek: Used it for around 5 hours without it plugged in and all seems to be well for now. Just wondering if you thought I could have done any permanent damage to my lil WhiteWater block. I have the jihugey 1/2 inch tygon tubing with a big arse radiator so that may have given me a little resevoir to suck up some of the heat. Thank goodness I'm not extreme O/C at the moment and only running a 2.0 @ 2.6 under default vcore. Whatdya think should I tear my W/B apart and inspect it ? or just keep a close eye on the temps for awhile. Thanks

I guess you could tear it apart if wanted to, but I'd just run it the way it is. P4's have thermal throttling built in anyways so it shouldn't have gone above 75c, which the WW should handle fine. I really don't think you need to worry about the WW if your CPU is still alive...

Yeah, I'd expect the CPU to go before the copper waterblock does. If everything looks normal, and temps are all the same and everything, then I'm sure your WW is fine.

Whew.. Thanks ! I was really freaking after figuring it out 5 hours later. Ahh just think of all the electricity I saved ;)

I was aware that cpu throttling or shutdown would occur if it had hit too high a temp but am glad it did not. I thought a cpu got real hot real fast if it was not actively cooled but I guess that blows that theory. Anyhow I am relieved to find it still chugging along :D

a great way to NOT have this happen again (assuming you dont want it to) is to plug everything into one powerstrip and use its switch as the pump on\off. that way you CANT turn on the comp without turning on your pump too. works great if anyone other than you tries to use your rig too.

you got lucky :p

Thanks JC but I do have them all tied together like that but when I was messing around with the other comp I was building I shut the Eheim 1250 off as to preserve it. hehe.. and not have to listen to the hum. Think I'll just listen to the hum next time. I wish there was some smart guy on here that could figure out how to use the 12V supply to turn on the 110 through some sort of rheostat or omething. I'm sure it could be done if the right person put there mind to it.

Cheers

You mean a relay? They sell kits for that. Mine plugs into a molex and turns the pump on when the comp turns on.

Back