• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Waterblock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

obsolete

Hey,

I noticed the D-tek White Water waterblock requires holes in your motherboard for mounting purposes. If you do not have holes in your motherboard, do you think a Innovatek InnovaCool Rev4 is comparable to the White Water waterblock? I notice everyone has high recommendations for the White Water block, but any comments on Innovatek Innovacool Rev4? Click here for Rev for by Innovatek

Let me know your thoughts, thanks!!

(oh also, using D-tek's shrouds, two of them. Could you mount one 80 mm fan on one side & one 80 mm fan on the other? Says it's for 120 mm fans, just wondering, even though the obvious stands out)

-ºb§

obsolete said:
Hey,

I noticed the D-tek White Water waterblock requires holes in your motherboard for mounting purposes. If you do not have holes in your motherboard, do you think a Innovatek InnovaCool Rev4 is comparable to the White Water waterblock? I notice everyone has high recommendations for the White Water block, but any comments on Innovatek Innovacool Rev4?
Let me know your thoughts, thanks!!

(oh also, using D-tek's shrouds, two of them. Could you mount one 80 mm fan on one side & one 80 mm fan on the other? Says it's for 120 mm fans, just wondering, even though the obvious stands out)

-ºb§
the innovatek comes with 8mm connectors - max it can take is 3/8" - won't therefore come near to a whitewater performancewise ....

are we talking socket A without mounting holes?

the shroud is made/cut for 120mm fans - 80mm would be too small (without modding) - why would you want to? for the same airflow a 120mm is a lot quieter than an 80mm...

If you don't have mounting holes, the Danger Den RBX is your next best option. It has an option for lug mounts.

I won't touch Innovateks blocks with a 10ft stick.

Yeah socket A without mounting holes, MSI K7N2 Delta.....No go. =/
Only reason I would want to use 80 mm fans is because I have a bunch for one. Two they are 4800 rpm fans & three to save money, lol.

Blah.....

Back