• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bought this rad for dirst cheap. Will it work good? Pic 56K warring

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vengance_01

I was at a local auto zone an saw this. 10$. It was in a bin. I asked if it had been used and he sad no so I picked it up. I figured it would work good. Anyways Here are some pics to show you what it. 5/8" inlet and 3/4" outlet. Will it work? Also will I need barbs for this, or can the tubing just slip on?

SV400014.JPG

SV400015.JPG

SV400016.JPG

Last edited:
It will work! But the question is:
Will It leak?
What Dirt/Gunk is inside of it!?

If you can prove that it is clean, and it is not leaking, you have got yourself a good PC cooling heater-core.

How will I test it. I am new to W/Cing. I have been reading and I know DIY W/Cing setup is the way to go:)

looks good. for future reference, it's a bit easier to load and view the pics if you take them at a bit lower res. 1024X768 would be plenty sufficient. those pics are insanely huge. At any rate, looks alot like a 70's model jeep core i used for a while. It worked very well btw, just a tad large for most setups. To test it, just hook a pump up to it and run some water through it for a day or so, check for leaks. :D.

enjoy,

J.

Congrats. You bought what everyone else did, but for a third of the price. GJ. Smaller pics, maybe?

I am looking best bang for buck. tipical NB,CPU,and Vid card. Vid card will be left out as I am waiting for next gen cards. CPU will be a barton 2500 and I will be pumpming mad voltages through it:)

i would throw out the nb block b/c its mostly pointless unless you plan for low case temps and silence , For cpu block i would go with either RBX or Whitewater , best pump for your $$ would be a mag3 . Also if your takin the cheap route get clearflex 60 1/2 if from mcmaster for 65cents a foot , then use a tline to fill system or a good res b/c most res's of today are prone to poor worksmenship and or cracking and spilling water on precious hardware, good luck and good job for diving into w/c !

Ok I was looking at a T-line 3$ vs like 30$. Mag3 huh? ok thanks for the advice. I am gonna read up on pumps and W/Bs and make my decision. I post back here if I have more questions:)

My Barton 2500 is: AQXEA 0324 TPMW. I am hoping for a good O/C out of it. If not I try a moblie 2500 from newegg:D

Back