• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Interesting PSU for folks who like external setups???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SOShootME

I saw this PSU over at SVC and thought it might be of interest to someone. (At least I had never seen one like it before.)

Here is the descriprion:

"This new 650W power supply will control your whole computer. With four 115/230V receptacles for switched pass-through power, and auxiliary DC 3.3V and two DC12V rear output jacks (cables included) to power external devices, such as hubs, routers, speakers, etc. "

link: http://www.svc.com/ibest650watt-psu.html

It's a little pricey, and I am not sure that "iBest" is "the best" manufacturer of PSUs. I thought it was worth a post here anyway.

looks allright 2 me. I think that for what it is, or what it says it is, the price is good. If i had a good use for it i would certainly pay that just to give it a shot. Nice find.

J.

i still wouldnt get it , A becouse its a novelty , B beacouse ive never heard of the brand , and c Its not enermax , ppac , or antec
If your dishin out for power then get good clean power and spend like 15 on a pos for xternal fans or whatever. sry :/

nice sarcasm if intended , no a and c arent the same , a means it may have features but mayby no power , c means enermax OWNZ!!!!!!!

This power supply is has most of its power on the 3.3v and 5v rails, with only 22 amps on the 12v rail. If for some reason you need an insane amound of 5v current, this ps is great, but for about the same price you can have 36 amps of 12v with a Sparkle psu, which should have plenty of 3.3v and 5v for a computer.

SK8 said:
i still wouldnt get it , A becouse its a novelty , B beacouse ive never heard of the brand , and c Its not enermax , ppac , or antec
If your dishin out for power then get good clean power and spend like 15 on a pos for xternal fans or whatever. sry :/

It's funny you mentioned 1) enermax and 2) not sparkle/fortron

;)

I've had experience with both and I wouldve done the opposite

Korndog said:
thats actually a very nice PSU IMO
i don't have it, but from the specs..
Max. Ripple & Noise 80mV p-p 80mV p-p 100mV p-p 100mV p-p100mV p-p 50mV p-p
actually better then my current $60 500w psu
but even though its better, i would bay 80+!

maybe 60 though.. :p

http://www.aaronix.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/2696

I'm not knowledgable on voltage ripple specs, but even if this ps has alot better than most, I don't see how it would be a benefit. It may be a very nice supply for other things, but I think it would be a waste of money for a computer psu. If the big thing about it is less voltage ripple, it's just not going to help you... and it's not even ready to power a pc, you'd have to add all the molex connectors and the atx connector. I don't think it even has everything you need like -5v and -12v and all that. You're not even going to see most of that 600 watts because most of it is on the 3.3v and 5v rails. It's just not worth it.

i remember a mod someone did where they put a powerstrip, and hub inside the pc itself, be pretty good for that kind of mod, have a internal hub, water pump, etc.

squeakygeek said:

... and it's not even ready to power a pc, you'd have to add all the molex connectors and the atx connector. I don't think it even has everything you need like -5v and -12v and all that. You're not even going to see most of that 600 watts because most of it is on the 3.3v and 5v rails. It's just not worth it.

it has all the computer connectors. did you look at the pic? its also got the p4 plug too

Back