• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first watercool...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cetamega

Registered
Hey, This is my first time trying to watercool. I have been surfing these boards for a while, and I finally signed up. I have put a list of this together that I think would be good, and I was wondering if you could forsee any problems.

DangerDen Maze3 with Socket Hold Down
Eheim 1250
Black Ice Extreme
Radeon 9000/9700 Pro Block
Tygon 1/2" Tubing

Thanks for your time, this place is awesome.

well if you wanna save a few bucks you could go with clearflex60 and a heater core ........ mayby use the xtra cash to get a rbx or a white water....

change the Maze 3 for an RBX (superior performance and not that much more $$$).

change te Radeon 9000/9700 waterblock for a Maze 4 GPU waterblock; EXCELLENT performance and it's only a few $$$ more; plus the 9000/9700 has some compatability issues with newer GPU's

and yes, Heatercores IMO do a great job; I've never actually used a Black Ice rad to compare it to but I've got no complaints so far... However unless you're ready to take the challenge of modding a heatercore to fit your rig I'd say stick withe the BIX if you want to definatly get it in your case easily and want the least possible hassle. Another good choice is dangerden's heatercore (I have one) it is litterally a Chevette HC that comes with barbs pre-soldered to it... for $5 for essentailly the service of installation of the barbs it's not too bad a deal (course D-Tek sells Scratch & Dent HC's, same model, painted, with barbs for $24... corse there is a little risk in S&D)....

i would go with a heatercore and a blower for max temp drop , rbx or white water really depends on type of pump , whats your over all budget

As a ref point since I have BIX + maze3, cooling xp2400 tbred at 2400 mhz (12x200), 1.9v, stable as all heck.

RBX is next generation and I would also recommend over the maze style. The automotive style heater cores offer good value but if you're space constrained (ie my case = Sonata) the BIX series is good option.

My overall budget is really about whatever, within reason. I can save up some more pretty easily, but I have about $300 to spend on thsi right now. (If I don't buy a new paintball gun that is.)

I'll switch to the RBX and the Maze4 GPU Block, but with my case and all, I would like to keep the BIX.

Are you gonna be mounting everything inside your case? Cause if space is an issue you should get the Hydor L30, its half the size of the Eheim 1250. I have one and love it, its nice and small and quiet what more can you ask for :p. Plus its cheaper than the Eheim 1250.

Back