• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

It's here, it's here :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pntgrd

A big black box that says Dtek Customs on it. I know most won't care but I am excited. I finally took the W/C plunge and by all the info you can gleen from this place, I think I made the right choices for me. Eheim 1250, Dtek Pro rad with shroud and 120mm aluminum fan, Whitewater bloc, VGA block for the 9800Pro, plus all the fittings, etc. I just wish I wasn't going out of town over the weekend. This will have to wait until next week. But I still get to look at the pretty black box. I do have to admit that the 1250 is bigger than I imagined. And the blocs are heavier than I imagined, especially the VGA bloc. Oh well, I'm excited :D

thats great, you can't say we don't excited.. but we usually do excited if you take - post pics. :)
Most important thing is not to rush.
be patiant with the installation because its hard to go back and change errors. Don't forget to test for leaks and plug in the pump before turning on your computer ;)
good luck!

Congrats. My order from Dtek will be here tomorrow.

Have fun setting it up, take lots of pics and show us!!! :D

I shall. Decided to go all out, have a sleeving kit and 10" u/v cables coming from SVC, also. This looks like a night ot two job. Can't wait

Yup, been there to that "cut it off twice and it's still too short". I am going to move my internet connection stuff to my "video" system and that will allow me to really take my time with this (read keep my wife from asking every 30 minutes "can I check my email, YET") I want this in just right, way too much $$ involved with this project to do otherwise ;)

Well, here is what I have gotten done so far. Front of case has been modded and opened up to accomidate the Dtek Pro rad. I opened up the front of the case as much as I could while still retaining the ability to replace the drive bay and plastic fan mounts. All the fan grills have been removed, gonna have to watch those fingers ;). Water blocks installed on cpu (without any thermal paste yet) and the 9800Pro ( it is there with Ceramique) Pump is just sitting, not mounted. I am thinking of using Velcro. I also need to figure how to route the power cord out of the case. Any ideas? Hoses have been cut but not clamped yet. I have taken pics along the way to maybe do a whole web page on this project. It is time to quit until I get back from a weekend trip.
Now to see if I can get a pic inserted of project so far. Hope this works :)

Hoses.jpg

Now you know why I have no clamps on and posted a pic. I was not sure but I did think that the Eheim's outputed out of the top. BUT,, the instructional pictures from D-Tek show it routed the way I have it. So I need to change it to the other way? Like this, maybe?
Newroute.jpg

Last edited:
Lazlo Panaflex said:
Am i mistaken or is your rig:

Pump>Heatercore>Res>GPU>CPU

?

i think it's worse than that, since the flow in the whitewater is reversed also...

how did i guess you weren't going to resist starting before next week ;)

Pntgrd said:
. I also need to figure how to route the power cord out of the case. Any ideas?

can you feed it out through the hole made by removing one of the pci card blanks? (i don't know what kind of plug it'd come with over the pond...)
sx1040bii.jpg

can you feed it out through the hole made by removing one of the pci card blanks?
Nope, the p;ug is too big to go through the slot. I may look to see if I have an old psu around. I could remove the female power cord plug and mount it to the case and solder the pump cord to the plug. Or cut the cord, stick it through the case in a grommet and use push/pull connectors. I have all weekend to figure that out. Are the hoses routed right, now????

Pntgrd said:

Nope, the p;ug is too big to go through the slot. I may look to see if I have an old psu around. I could remove the female power cord plug and mount it to the case and solder the pump cord to the plug. Or cut the cord, stick it through the case in a grommet and use push/pull connectors. I have all weekend to figure that out. Are the hoses routed right, now????

i believe so - with the caveat that iirc the cores have an inlet and an outlet and i don't know which is which...
the pump doesn't seem very pci-card-friendly there though - might be easier to run
pump>whitewater>gpu>rad>res>pump
as it might let you move the pump nearer the front of the case and let you put the cards back.....plenty of time to sort it out before you're committed i guess...

i take it they are distinct slots on the antec? - i.e. that you can't just remove 2 and put one back when the plug is out....

cutting it & a grommet sounds the way to go (i take it your mains plugs are sealed)

the pump doesn't seem very pci-card-friendly there though
If I don't put my Soundblaster Live W/ Live drive back in, it doesn't matter. I have no other pci cards. Modem is external, lan chip is onboard. The res is in the 5.25 slot that the Live Drive was in anyway. Other 5.25 is needed for 3rd HDD. Board has onboard AC-97 5.1 Dolby anyhow. I probably will try without the SB and see what it is like.

Da** Ripway, I need to find another place to host the pics, I see. :(

Well, if all goes right should be up and running tonite. Removed the res and went with a T-line instead, to save the 5.25 bay. All hose tightened and leak tested all night, no leaks. PSU and other wiring has been sleeved, will think twice before doing that again or use the newer Velcro type instead. All drives mounted in new locations. All set to put it together. Keep all fingers crossed.

What tube are you using that didnt crimp when you came out of your WW. I had to use a ton of 90's to make the turns otherwise my case was way to narrow. We are using almost the same setup ( My setup ) except i inclueded the DD Z NB block. You will be very happy with it!

Back