• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will a water block fit on GPU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BeerHunter

I am considering ordering 2 WW on for 5900FX and one for Pentium CPU...thoughts? Only reason is I don't like the size of water blocks I've seen for GPUs especially the one Dtek sells, and the 5900 to 5950 levels gets really hot..well it's hot all by itself requireing 3 fans.

Thanks

Here is my card: Albatron GeForce FX 5900 Video card, 256MB DDR...

14-170-037-02.JPG

Well, the mounting holes wouldn't line up. You'd either have to build something or try to mod the block, which probably wouldn't work. Unless you want to try to epoxy the block (HIGHLY discouraged) then you should just get a normal GPU waterblock. The Maze4 does a pretty good job...I mean, if the stock heatsink can handle the GPU, then the Maze 4 has got to do a lot better.

I made my own using #Rotor's grid pin for my Leadtek 5900. I had to get rid of those obnoxious dual fans!!! My new block has 1/2" in/outs. Temps are 29C/37C. Much better to build your own.

I don't know about the aluminum blocks... They'll probably work like crap for the GPU, and I doubt that RAM is a major issue.

yeah, mine is all copper. I was building a block for the ram but it got too tedious. I have oc'd my card with the Winfast s/w and I didn't experience any probs with the ram getting hot. After reloading my os on my Raptor, I haven't oc'd my 5900 and all my games run just fine....plus it's way cooler.

Back