• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question 4 eheim 1048 users....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Surreal

'Surreal please contact Krag ASAP'
HI

Will an eheim 1048 work well for a overclocked AMD system with CPU, NB, and GPU blocks? A heatercore will be used for the RAD.
What temps will i get?

I work with tec systems so i have no data for unTECed systems.

Surreal said:
HI

Will an eheim 1048 work well for a overclocked AMD system with CPU, NB, and GPU blocks? A heatercore will be used for the RAD.
What temps will i get?

I work with tec systems so i have no data for unTECed systems.

think it's a bit short of power for a 3 block + core setup....

i'd say you're pushing it a bit..
but it depends on how restrictive your blocks are. what kind do u have?

Tagalong....just got an EHEIM 1048. It will run through a spir@l CPU block and a d-tek radiator. How do you know how restrictive your block is? I know the 1048 puts out 158 GPH.

My 1048 has always been great: not the highest perfomance pump available, but rock solid reliability.

I have used it in systems with 1/8", 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" ID tubing.
I have used it with a number of water blocks and done all kind of weird experiments with it. Blocks include: Koolance CPU200g, FCT ( both are pretty restrictive), Swiftech 462u and 5002 (various configs on the 462, 3/8" tube on the 5002).

Currently I am using the 1048 in an mATX system with 3/8" tubing, Swiftech 5002 cpu block, jfettig NB block and a home made power supply "block"- perfomance is just fine: onboard sensor reading under load is around 50c and the external sensor (against cpu core) is 34.5c with an ambient temp of 21c.

More powerful alternatives that will get temps lower are available, but I think a 1048 will do just fine. :) I won't even guess how much lower you would go with a more powerful pump, either........

Back