• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

high temps, whats going on?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackjackel

my temps are real hot....

Chevette heatcore

1/2" everything

Checked for air, moved core around, no air came out

1300 Via aqua 300+gph pump

Dtek TC-4 Waterblock

Bay-Reservoir

Running 11x219 @ 53C Idle 60C load.... MBM reports

Ambient temp 23.5C (temp probe & Central therm temp)

Water temp is 38.7C (temp probe)

Edit: I used my pointing finger to push my temp probe at the side of the waterblock and it reports 38C

Edit: I use cyramique for thermal paste, i didnt put too much on, i spread a very thin layer on the core and put the block on...

Last edited:
I'm assuming you've done the usual, reseating the block, and making sure you didn't use too much tim?

too much tim?

As for reseating the block, i always take the block off and back on, always, so if thats the same as reseating the block then ive done that at least 10 times...

and i use cyramique on the core

my mobo gets real hot around the socket from all the mosfets and capacitors and such, i found that pointing an 80mm fan at the socket dropped my temps some. seemed the mobo was causing the chips temps to rise a couple degrees. what happens when you leave the door to your case off?

blackjackel said:
Running 11x219 @ 53C Idle 60C load.... MBM reports

Ambient temp 23.5C (temp probe & Central therm temp)

Water temp is 38.7C (temp probe)

It sounds to me that either you don't have a fan on your heatercore or the/both fan(s) is/are broken. What all is in your loop, if it is just your CPU then there is something seriously wrong with airflow/heatercore. I think your block is mounted fine, I would look somewhere in the heat exchanger area though. Hopefully this helps out.

120mm fan on heatcore pushing putwards. Only thing in the loop is the CPU...

I think my temp probe must be broken....

blackjackel said:
120mm fan on heatcore pushing putwards. Only thing in the loop is the CPU...

I think my temp probe must be broken....

It is very possible that you are getting erroneous readings from the temp prob. They calculate temperature based on several factors. One of them being the air moving around the prob. I would feel the block, at the temps you are reading the block would be noticeably warm and the HC would be warm as well. If they are cool to the touch you are ok.

Then trust the temps on the prob, did you possably crack or chip the die?
Did you make a shroud for the core?

Well dont trust any software prog. to read temps, found one thing when i did go water and thats the mainboard reads the temp wrong beacause of the heat from the board itself.

Using the Aerogate II with air showed the software reading was 1,5C lower than the Aerogate, and with water my temps drops 10C under with the Aerogate in compare with any software prog.

Warm/hot heatercore means it's not getting enough airflow through it. Make yourself a shroud.

bump...

I am now running everything at stock speeds, my 1700+ is running 1700+ @ 1.54 or something....

Here are the temps:

36 idle

42 load

Is this normal for stock temps?

That's not too bad - certainly better. Did you change something? That's a little worse than what I'm getting with my setup - DTek Spiral, well lapped with two heatercores.

Back