• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newest WC setup (56K Take Note)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Istari1

Hey all I"M BACK! Ok, so I'm sure none of ya remember me, but anyway I used to be a pretty avid member here about 2 years ago. SO I was stuck in my house this weekend with the huge "blizzard" (insert sarcasm here) we got in NC, and while cleaning my closets found my old WC setup that I had ditched. I had bought a new pump when my OC hideout pump had died (remember that place?? damn they had crappy products and I never did get my $89.00 back for that crappy pump/res). So I spent some time making a shroud for my old heatercore and setup a new WC setup. My old PAL ALPHA was keeping idle temps around 54 C (dont ask,..I think my room is really hot) SO this new setup is giving me about 40-41 C stable. Still seems very high to me, I think my WB may not be getting enough clamping force on the core, its kinda ghetto rigged on there. I know its not the sexiest WC setup ever, but for very little cash and some homemade ingenuity it works very well.

The old DD Maze 2
block.JPG

whole thing

case.JPG

my tuberware ghetto rad/shroud
rad.JPG

tell me what ya think....and also maybe why the temps seems high. . .ambient is around 75 F

<I posted this in ALternative modding first..hope someone just delets that thread>

are u sure thats a maze2, looks like a maze3? i could be wrong...
i like were u located the pump though :clap: and like what helix said the inlet should go in the center. i had my setup i had my setup like urs once and then i changed the inlet too the center, my temps droped about 2-3 degrees. not bad....

mata2974 said:
Cool, that pump is sitting on what?? good idea

If you look closely you'll notice it's hanging by string which is attached to a piece of cardboard it is sitting on.

Yeah I noticed the inlet as going into the wrong tube, but now I'm being lazy and dont feel like draining the system and such...I'm still getting idle temps about 10 C higher then case temps which is pretty poor for this setup. I really think its the way I have the WB attached, just not clamping tight enough. The string and cardboard platform is temporary. I think I'm gonna use the old harddrive cage bracket and drill some new holes right above where the pump is now and set the pump on it. The setup is pretty loud, mostly th 120mm fan though I am thinking, gonna have to find some type of pot. to turn the RPM's down some. As for the liquid its water wetter and water..not sure what is up with the mily color (air perhaps?)

I think it might be the other way around. I only used like 5-6 capfulls for about 5/6 of a gallon.

Back