• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I build a shroud for the 2-342 heater core?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BeerHunter

I am planning to run two "Panaflo FBA12G 120mm x 38mm" fans to it. I really don't want to mess with fiberglass or sheet metal and wondering if there's an easy solution...
2-342.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome dude:D

That's prolly what I'll do. I have access to tonnes of metal and plastic but hate work and your idea looks the simplest.

A couple q1uestions:
1. How did you mount shroud to heater core(HC)?
2. How did you mount the HC to case? I have a close case http://images10.newegg.com/productimage/11-129-119-04.JPG
and
601AWFront.jpg

3. Did you drill a lot more holes in the case to allow more airflow in front of HC?
4. What are the demisions of that HC?

thanks
And this is a repost... sorry http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=236366

Last edited:
1. Get some 6-32 rods. Usually comes in a variety of lengths.
2. I used a nut to lock the rod in the front panel of the case and the fan(s). (I had an antec 830sx)
3. I'd cut out a square section the size of the finned area for optimal airflow.

Soja said:
1. Get some 6-32 rods. Usually comes in a variety of lengths.
2. I used a nut to lock the rod in the front panel of the case and the fan(s). (I had an antec 830sx)
3. I'd cut out a square section the size of the finned area for optimal airflow.

1. ?
2. ?
3. VEry good idea. Wonder if my dad will let me borrow the die grinder.:D

Check out a pic of Nikhsub1 core w/ rods:

radclose.jpg

I did the same except my rods (size 6-32) extended to the front of the case where I used a nut to mount the whole core to the front panel.

Thats not my core. I run a single pass w/ 2 panaflos. I wish I could put in some blowers but I just don't have the space :(

Back