• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pump upgrade...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SK8

Well the other day i was messing around in the tub with my 1250 and i noticed it had really good head but when 1/2 tube was connected it reduced flow. My ? is do you think that i would benifit from buying another pump such as a mag3 for the xtra head ...?
Right now i have about 3 ft of tube connected to the outlet of pump ran into the case into rbx , would the rbx benifit from better flow...

I guess more flow would help a little bit, but the 1250 is a fairly powerful pump. I dont think its worth the money, unless your cpu is really hot and you need to take off one more degree.

*edit*
My 100th poast:p

Are you trying to achieve a higher oc? Might not be worth the hassle of any rerouting, draining, filling, extra money etc.. for a couple degrees if any. The 35 watts of the mag3 vs the 28 of your eheim is something to consider as well.

You won't find any major improvement by switching to a better pump. Maybe 1 degree or two, but the money it costs could be better spent, on, let's say, another radiator.

AngryAlpaca said:
You won't find any major improvement by switching to a better pump. Maybe 1 degree or two, but the money it costs could be better spent, on, let's say, another radiator.

yep he's right
"small amount of significiant improvement"
IMO, you're reaching the peak of preformance with your waterblock..
50 bucks can buy a nice tec or probably half a humidifier or AC unit..

Korndog said:
lol, that works too.
i paid 48bucks (shipped) for my mag3, thats cheap???
via aqua, now thats cheap :D

well if they can be had that cheap then maybe he can sell his 1250, buy a mag 3 and still have change......

well , ive decided not to upgrade quite yet , i think a second heatercore would be a ok upgrade , so how does dual 73 caprice sound :) :) , does anyone know how to clean clearflex mine has a white coating on it :(

I dont think you can, it is a decoloration of the plastic, not much you can do about it, unless someone has a miracle recipe, in wich case i'd interested to hear it since I have the same problem with my Clearflex.

Back