• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help With Ww

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MLMIB

okay, yes, this is a mounting question, I guess I'm just a little slow 'cause even after the search of the forums I mounted my WW wrong( temps of...48.5 full load STOCK, thats DANG high) so yea, just wondering if someone could make an asci art or something, I'll make mine 'n describe why I did what....

okay, my current setup

......mounting....just bottom up, washer, spring, screw down..
....______________........p4 adapter plate
........|...............|......... I put nothin here, nothing made sense
........_________.....
.........*.............*..............just the little studs through mobo, screwed fine

k, now problem with this is that I can't tighten much 'cause if tighten the screwdown on the top of all this, it turns clockwise, the same way all of them do. so if theres enough resistence, the sfcewdown dosn't move, the screw itself does. this DID happen, and connected a transistor...luckily the board wasn't fried, and luckily it was just that one. but I of course am worried. so if it's not to much, can I get the right order plz. I'm putting a new cpu in that can do 3.8 apparently 'n it's all for folding. so yea, if I can't do it right, I gotta hotglue the bottom so I don't fry my board...

thanx for understanding

i am having the same problem and no one responded to my thread. i broke my motherboard so i think i might buy an rbx, just because the mounting is so much easier.

I'll try that, but all I really want is the order that ppl put stuff on, so I know what to put on and in what order.....

Back