• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lol...I got nothing out of my new W/C setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mentaL704

Its my memory, I thought I would at least get something out of it. I dropped over 15C. My idle is now 21c and load is 30. I have to pull out a stick and figure out which one it is.

I was at 265FSB on SHF. Im still stuck at 265, as soon as I try anything higher my system wont even post. Guess its time for some mushkin.

Yeah. You should get at least 100MHz more or so.

In addition to lowering RAM speed, try jacking up vcore a bit more.

Well of course not always. But in this case, it's perfectly feasible.

His RAM is probably the thing holding him back at 265FSB.

Im not upset about the 15C drop in temp at all. I am upset that I didnt get anything out of it. Nothing not even 1FSB. I thought it may have been my RAM, but wanted watercooling anyway. I had a Stock Heatsink Fan. But heres the thing, I put the ratio 266 and still got nothing. I find it hard to believe that my chip is maxed.

Im alot more stable across the board. Like in games much smoother it seems. Maybe its my PSU. I dont even know what kind it is. How do I figure out if its my PSU thats causing it??

Thanks in advance guys!

Would the NB be heating up @ 265FSB? Or is every board different and there is no way of telling?

is your vdimm maxed? i assume you've pumped as much voltage into them as possible :D

i think i have similar difficulties with my ram. if i was running a single stick instead of two im fairly sure i could clock it higher.... :(

a 265fsb at the 3/2 ratio would put your ram WELL under its rated specs, would it not? have you tried this? i would borrow some ram off someone just to test it out...perhaps your ram does not like ratios.

hUMANbEATbOX said:
a 265fsb at the 3/2 ratio would put your ram WELL under its rated specs, would it not? have you tried this? i would borrow some ram off someone just to test it out...perhaps your ram does not like ratios.

Well, read my post up a few.

Back