• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pump advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

clipsegst22

Registered
hi, i'm looking at getting either the Hydor L30 pump from Crazypc.com or the Danner Mag3 from marine depot. i hear that both of these pumps are good. i guess my question is, which one is the better pump? i know the hydor is a smaller one which will probably fit good in my chieftec mid case. i would really appreciate and value all of your opinions. thanks in advance!

clipse

I would go with the Danner Mag 3. It'll give you higher head, which means higher flowrates and in turn, better temps. I think you should be able to fit a Mag 3 in without too much work also. Only time I wouldn't use a Mag 3 is a very low resistance system, with say a couple heatercores in parallel and something like a Maze 4. Then the Hydor's lower wattage and lower head might be a tad better than a Mag 3. Don't go that route though...for most systems (and upgrades) Mag 3 is the way to go.

yeah, actually i already ordered the maze4, should i still go with the mag3 or should i go w/ the hydor? also i'm using the chevette heatercore, for now that's all i'm going to have in my system, maybe a gpu block in the future.

I order a The Quiet 1200 pump, has almost 300GPH for 27$ shippied. It should be here next week. I will let you know when I get it:D

Back