• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MCP600 rev 2? Need Swiftech help...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

govern1

Registered
To anyone who knows, please help me with this one.
I purchased the MCP600 two weeks ago. I asked the on-line vendor (crazypc.com) if it was a revised one that took care of the reliability issues people had been having. They said yes, they only sold revised pumps from Swiftech. In another thread, Kosmic1 noted this http://sidewindercomputers.com/swmcinpu.html
The pumps I received is not a rev 2. Does this mean that It could give out? Or does it have the fix that Billa(?) spoke of? Please, if anyone has any info on this, I would appreciate it.

Shawn

MCP600s shipping for some months had a cut down impeller to preclude failure of the thrust bearing
- and NONE of these pumps have failed

recent shipments of the MCP600 have a serial # beginning with 'S', and these have the final re/designed pump head
(and NONE of these have failed)

NOTE:
Swiftech does intend to offer replacement pump heads to all those purchasers of the original MCP600, as well as to later purchasers of the cut-down impeller versions

BUT we do not yet have the pump heads, when we get them it will be posted everywhere
in the meantime those purchasers wishing to 'get on the list' for replacement pump heads may send an e-mail to [email protected]
said e-mail must include:
name, address, phone #, e-mail, distributor from whom the pump was purchased, and the date of purchase

be cool

Thanks for the reply. Billa. That was the info I was looking for.

Shawn

Back