• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should i bother?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kami

Planning on making a new PC in the summertime and this will be my first custom made PC made by me.. i want to know since this is my first time should i bother with water cooling?? is it risky to try?? im mainly worried that since its my first time i might make a big mistake and ruin my PC, please help

I have two suggestions:

First, start reading up on water cooling now so that you'll be ready to make an informed decision when the time comes. Our water cooling stickies is a good place to start.

Second, when you get your parts for your new home made setup, put everything together for the new one and run it on air and then run your watercooling on the old system while you're getting used to it. This of course presumes your old system is generic enough to allow a water setup. According to your profile you've got a Dell (dude) so I'm not sure how much room for water guts you'll have.

Btw: Welcome to the forums. :)

Back