• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which block to replace MCW5000A ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beatnic

Registered
Im currently using swifty MCW5000A with Hydor L20, BIX and tank-o-matic.. temps are good..but i think i can improve it by changing to a new block.. im looking at the MCW5002A, RBX and LRWW.. they are similarly priced in my country.. so which of these blocks would you recommend and WHY? preferably the one that has advantage over the mcw5000 without changing the pump (low flowrate) ?

thanks in advance! :)

Last edited:
thx..
about 42c load with XP1700 at 2.4 @ 1.78v.. ambient 25c
why RBX?

I'd go with a DTEK White Water if I were you.

Your current Swiftech MCW 5000A is a better performer than a Maze 3, and the RBX is outperformed by the White Water at low flow rates, using the stock nozzle (#1?).

The MCW 5002 is basically the same block that you have now, just without angled intakes, and pre-installed 1/2" ID fittings. A fitting adaptor that allows for 1/2" ID tubing with the MCW 5000A can be bought from SWIFTECH'S WEBSITE, and may be an alternative to getting a new block if you don't want to spend much money.

You've got the exact same water circuit I used to have (Swiftech MCW 5000A, BIX, Hydor L30), and I found it performed really well for me, even with 3/8" ID tubing.

oh forgot to mention that im using 1/2" ID
so i guess it's safe to assume that the LRWW is the best bet without upgrading the pump. and still has the advantage over the RBX if i change the pump to L30?

Oops - I missed that you have a Hydor L20 - I somehow read L30 up there mistankenly.

Yes, the White Water will still have an advantage over the RBX, even if you upgrade to an L30 - and that advantage holds true unless you're using a big muscle pump.

The White Water is definetely your block what with your low fow system. You may also want to invest in a more powerful pump as well if you choose to get the White Water. The Danner Mag 3, or the Swiftech MCP 600 would do a good job for you.

I would agree that a better pump might be worth a look. Might help more than a block upgrade, and both would do quite nicely.

Back