• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Proposed Setup, Plz LOOK...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathBOB

Hey yall! I just built my new computer this November (not that new i guess). It is composed of the following: Abit IC7-G, Pentium 2.4c, WD Raptor, 512 Corsair 3200LL, Geforce Ti 4200, Audigy soundcard. I had planned on overclocking this computer, and being able to do it right off the bat. However, high temperatures have forced me to consider alternative cooling methods. My case, Coolermaster's Wavemaster, has poor airflow. I love it to much to cut big holes in it for more air, so i need a solution that allows me to work with pre-existing holes. Enter watercooling... So ive been cruising these and other forums for a few weeks and I think I have a list of what I want to do:

Waterblock: Swiftech MC5002-P
Why? Ease of use i guess. Less tubing than a 3 prong block...

Radiator: D-tek Procore Jr.
Why? I think it will fit in my case. Like I said, space is a t a premium, the smaller the better.

Pump: Mag 3
Why? Cheap, powerful

Tubing: 1/2 all around, dunno what kind i want

Additive: Dunno.

Basically, I want it to look like Scanido's over at Overclockers Forums:
side.jpg

His is the closest thing I have seen to what I have. What do you guys think of all this?

looks good. Only thing i really really don't like about that swifty is the highly restrictive barbs. That block will really kill your flow rates, and using a small rad as u have proposed flow rates could be very important in your setup. The mag3 has plenty of power, i think that you will be fine. :D.

J.

deathBOB said:
Basically, I want it to look like Scanido's over at Overclockers Forums
Hrm last time i can recall , this is overclockers forums.....
I would run 3/8's if you dont like clutter but please dont go any smaller....

Agreed. Even upon finally seeing just how "big" 1/2 inch ID tubing is, it still seems rather small to me. I'd use it anyways over 3/8", even in cases where aesthetics matter.

You know, the a WW or RBX would probably be a better block option, unless you plan to use a TEC. I'd sacrifice a little ease of use for better temps.

Also take note that having a setup similar to the one in the picture means bleeding is more hassle as air will probably get trapped in the rad. Just be prepared to shake your case.

Later

Ya, i originally made this post on another forum. Its kind of interesting to see how they all respond differently... What about silverprop? This was reccomended to me on another forum as a good 2 prong block

If its convience you want, what you have is fine.

If its temps you want, get a whitewater or cascade and put in a 3/4 T instead of a 1/2 T. You can cut it down to size so its the same length and height at a 1/2T but it will bleed better and cause less flow restriction. It made a noticable dif in my temps.

I think it's bad ***.:D

The main thing if you want it to look like that is time. I bet he spent a whole day screwing around with cables, placement, etc...not to mention the cost.

His case alone was $170, PS $120, Pump $94, block $55 etc.

Green with envy. But then I swap stuff out on a weekly basis so this would never work for me.

johan851 said:
What kind of difference are we talking about Smokey?

2 degree drop. I cant say with 100% certainty that this was the cause though. I also turned my rad on its side at the same time I made that change.

I think it was the T because my pump was getting cavitation. Once I replaced he T with a 3/4 T, the cavitation was gone, to me indicating flow restriction.

Here is a pic of my flow. The T is painted orange for black light effect.

full_2.JPG

Once again, what do you guys think about the silverprop blocks? Someone on another forum reccommended them as being nearly as good as a WW but much easier to set up.

what waterblock do you guys suggestion over the mcw5000?

I was also planning on getting one with a BIX rad and a L-30 pump

but if the MCW5000 restricts water flow...then peace out mcw5000...i want something a little better

the 5002 doesn't look as good :(

the barbs are sticking straight out instead of sideways like the 5000

but...i guess performance is what matters

Back