• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does this look right?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sinjinsun

Okay, So I'm ready to buy my WC setup, just want to make sure I didn't miss anything. Please let me know if this setup looks right for my rig.

My Rig:

Abit IC7-Max3, P4 3.0c, Saphire Radeon 9700 Pro, 2GB Mushkin lvl 2 3500, (2) WD Raptors in Raid, (1) WD 120G 8MB SATA. All in a UFO2 Case (18"X18"X18")

Proposed WC setup:

CPUWB- DD RBX, GRUWB- DD Maze4, NBWB- DD Z-Chip (875), Rad- Thermochill HE120.3, Pump- Eheim 1250, 1/2" Tygon Tubing, Water Wetter. This will be in a "T" configuration.

Please give me your comments, style does matter. I would consider a reservoir as I have the room in my case, any benefits?

Thanks!

wow. sounds like a great setup. you could cut some costs i think with theradiator, but it doesn't look like you are going for a budget system. stay with the t id say. good luck

Looks good to me. The rad would have some hefty pressure drop I'd bet but it should perform nicely anyway. Good luck!

We want pics.:D

Nice looking purchase list :)
If you want to see the review between the RBX,WW and Cascade on the main page of procooling.com, you'll probably change your mind and get a WW for the simple reason as (phaestus the reviewer stated) he encountered mounting problems with the RBX
So i would consider going for a safer route with the WW.

Regarding tygon clearflex60 is a little cheaper and basically the same quality as tygon, the only real difference is tygon has a slightly better bending radius.

As a reservoir user myself i'd say go with one. It spares time to bleed the system and in that ufo case you will have ample space for a criticool waterplant which in my opinion is a great res
Details here http://sidewindercomputers.com/waterplant.html

As regarding the radiator again in that case i would mount a caprice heatercore you can get one from autozone
http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiB...9|~CHEVROLET|~CAPRICE|~1985|~LLT|~3.85|~EA|~B

Or else you can get a Pro Core from d-tek http://www.dtekcustoms.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=16
Make sure you order 2 shrouds and 2 120mm fans possibly panaflo or papst for a good push/pull config :)

You can get Clearflex60 Chemical grade tubing on the cheap from www.mcmaster.com :). It is listed as 'Chemical Tubing', but is indeed Clearlflex60 (I've bought a lot of it, so I can confirm this)

65 cents a foot for 1/2" ID tubing - buy a 50 foot roll and you're set for life (never worry about running out again) ;)

Page 85 of the Mcmaster online catalogue.

Looks like a nice setup, what kind of fans are you thinking of using on the 120.3? With all the space you have, you've got room for a Caprice or two, instead of the 120.3 .

The RBX's mounting issue is only with the AMD Socket A platform. Since you're using a P4, you should be fine, although the White Water apparantly performs a lot better at the flow rates you'll be getting anyways.

Voodoo Rufus said:
How's that waterplant work for you GoingH2O? Looks like a good res. Doesn't suck any air inside does it?

Its working great voodoo, since it can be mounted either vertically or horizontally. No i didnt notice any air trapped and you can see from the res itself its made of pure thick acrylic which is sealed very well.

Back